• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from the Midlands! (1 Viewer)

Mrs JC

I’ve always been interested in identifying birds, runs in the family. I mostly like going for walks for exercise rather than planned trips to find birds. Thinking about starting a list and combining the two.
Would appreciate any tips offered!
JC

Hi Mrs JC and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

You might like to post in the Tips for New Birders forum regarding keeping lists. There are so many ways of doing this and it just depends really how detailed you want to be and if you want to compare from year to year etc.

Most people log date and place as the basic. But then you can keep Garden Lists, Trip Lists, Year Lists or any other type of list you can think of LOL. That's just a few thoughts to be going on with.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Hi Ms JC. Are you any where near the River Cole, Trittiford and Sarehole Mill. We are very fortunate to be only a few hundred yards away and it has been our lockdown haven. The paths around there are wide and the birds very active at the moment; nuthatch, kingfisher, great spotted woodpecker, chiffchaff, as well as the usual finches, tits etc..

Welcome to the forum :)

Hi Ms JC. Are you any where near the River Cole, Trittiford and Sarehole Mill. We are very fortunate to be only a few hundred yards away and it has been our lockdown haven. The paths around there are wide and the birds very active at the moment; nuthatch, kingfisher, great spotted woodpecker, chiffchaff, as well as the usual finches, tits etc..

Welcome to the forum :)

Hi Julie
I’m a short drive away. I discovered Moseley bog a few years back, one of my favourite places. Not explored Trittiford or River Cole. Thank you for the heads up.
I’m close Leasowes Park, Bromwich wood & Bartley Green Reservoir

Great :)

My suggestion would be to go to Sarehole Mill car park. Also since the lockdown they are running a community shop with excellent bread made with flour milled on site by the water mill!

Once parked cross the road (rather than walk from the car park) and just continue to walk:) you cross a couple of roads, but it is pretty much continuous up to Trittiford Mill Pond. Worth going past the pond also, we have seen fishing heron, treecreeper and kingfisher on that stretch!

Enjoy!

Great :)

My suggestion would be to go to Sarehole Mill car park. Also since the lockdown they are running a community shop with excellent bread made with flour milled on site by the water mill!

Once parked cross the road (rather than walk from the car park) and just continue to walk:) you cross a couple of roads, but it is pretty much continuous up to Trittiford Mill Pond. Worth going past the pond also, we have seen fishing heron, treecreeper and kingfisher on that stretch!

Enjoy!

Thanks for this! Bread sounds fabulous, will definitely pay a visit 😊

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back