• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone here use pastels? (1 Viewer)

Dabchicks

Here is my latest, the two Little Grebes. Hope you like them.:cat:

2189464294_1c81e606c8.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Kitty (Hope you do not mind the shortened name)

Just catching up on the recent activity one your thread. Love your pastel drawing of your Dabchicks.

The Droplets on the back look like you could take them from the drawing and end up with wet fingers.

Very alive, and the way you have presented your own idea of the same photo, makes the birds look alive. Really nice affect. Something to be proud of. :t:

Your Kingfisher, and all your pictures on this thread, are lovely to look at - well done :t:

Here is my finished white crowned sparrow piece

2200241840_bf9e9fe58e.jpg

Larger size is available on Flickr.

Take care

Jo

This is absolutely stunning, Jo

I could well imagine you having one or two offers via PM for this from those who have been lucky enough to see the bird!!

And regarding what you were saying earlier about donating such a work to the couple who own the driveway ..I would imagine it would be very gratefully recieved!!

Matt

Hi Jo

Your pictures of your White Crowned Sparrows are beautfiul. :t:

I would a picture like that in my house anyday.

I am looking forward to seeing more here. ;)

Thanks everyone. As Matt has mentioned, for those of you who have not been following the rare birds thread on this particular sparrow, I am going to give this painting to the kind people who found the bird and who have been so accommodating to everyone.

I hope they like it!

Jo

Well, that's a beautiful gesture and of course they'll love it - it's a tremendous drawing. Good for you Jo - more power to your elbow.
Bravo!

The sparrow piece is a real corker! It makes me smile and I'm sure it will do the same for the couple with the driveway, nice one Jo!

Mike

lovely pic and a very kind gesture. I'm sure they'll love it, and what a nice keepsake for them, much better than crowds of people pushing forward!

Well what we miss on this forum...

Just looked at this thread as I thought well I love the WCS (on the other thread) so what else does she do....

well now I know.

Lovely talent you have but its also a lovely observational eye you have as well.

Little Grebes will never be the same again!;)

Great to see the photograph and then the interpretation.

Thank you

Well what we miss on this forum...

Just looked at this thread as I thought well I love the WCS (on the other thread) so what else does she do....

well now I know.

Lovely talent you have but its also a lovely observational eye you have as well.

Little Grebes will never be the same again!;)

Great to see the photograph and then the interpretation.

Thank you

Thanks for your kind words.

ARTHUR BISHOP said:
Lovely pic. If I have a rarity in the garden, will you do me a sketch.

Arthur, I'd be more than happy to!o:D

Thanks everyone. As Matt has mentioned, for those of you who have not been following the rare birds thread on this particular sparrow, I am going to give this painting to the kind people who found the bird and who have been so accommodating to everyone.

I hope they like it!

Jo

What a superb gesture. I hope something really rare turns up at my house (even more) now!!
Love your work, the pastels really give them a strong depth of colour, & the compositions are great.
Keep them coming!

H

Thanks Halftwo, Have to say, I'm not really much of a twitcher, just as this bird was right on my doorstep so to speak and was sticking around I thought we should go for it. Glad I did! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back