• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Long-tailed Blue, Cornwall (1 Viewer)

Britseye

Just got in from photo'ing this little beauty on brambles outside the house. Only managed one shot of the underside and six upper before it flew off.

Attachments

• P1010672 (2).JPG
    P1010672 (2).JPG
    559.1 KB · Views: 69
  • P1010676 (2).jpg
    P1010676 (2).jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 46
  • P1010679 (2).jpg
    P1010679 (2).jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 139
Cracking garden tick! - Assuming it was, of course.

Cheers

John

I'm lucky enough to work for an elderly couple who own an unspoilt 120-acre farm in darkest Cornwall. So garden tick/farm tick/patch tick...take your pick. I found it a hundred metres from where I lay my head at night, if that's any qualification for 'garden tick' status! Main thing is it was a lifer for me. First time I've got the shakes when taking a photo of something. :t:

Funnily enough, I was trying to reccee a location for the last day of the Big Garden Butterfly Count when I found this. I'm leaving it up to the landowner to decide whether to include it in our total!

There was also one in Falmouth the day before Britseye's. My initial thought on that was it would be locally emerged, the influx of migrant insects this summer has almost entirely passed us by. The other likely possibility is they came in on the brief spell of easterlies last Thursday, ahead of the great damp squid seawatch.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back