• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Paintings by Raymond Klassen (1 Viewer)

Work in Progress

This is the start of a painting which will hopefully soon include a Tennessee Warbler. I'm still wanting some more middle and background aspen leaves, though.

Attachments

• Tenn warbler1.jpg
    Tenn warbler1.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 57
Tennessee Warbler in Aspen

Okay, I know, I haven't posted in ages, but that painting I started WAAAYYY back when is finally finished. :D Hope you all enjoy it!

acrylic on canvas
11"x14"

Attachments

• Tenn Warbler Final.jpg
    Tenn Warbler Final.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 60
My first reaction was the same as Nick's - beautiful warm spring or early summer light. I like the composition as well. One request though - could you send a few of those out to our neck of the woods next migration season? ;) We're warbler-poor out here.

Turned out very well Raymond! And it answers my very old question about just where the Tennessee would go. That blue-gray head works well as just a hint of contrast in a golden world.

This is a painting from early this year. I kept it very simple to focus on the backlit subject. Acrylic on masonite- 10"x20"

Oh boy! That really works for me! As do all the other works on this thread. Talk about placing birds where they rightly belong - in the 'privacy' of their own habitat - rather than bringing them into 'our' comfort zones - this is an extraordinarily talented aspect of your work.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back