• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which thorn? (1 Viewer)

InternetMan

I thought this one might be large, though that would be an unusual one for my area. Can anyone get a positive ID from the pics?

Attachments

• thorn-1.jpg
    thorn-1.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 37
  • thorn-2.jpg
    thorn-2.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 37
  • thorn-3.jpg
    thorn-3.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 39
Ta!

Supplementary question: anyone for this noctuid? Bout the right size for Square Spot rustic (but wrong shape?) or just rustic/uncertain. All guidance gratefully received.

Attachments

• noctuid-1.jpg
    noctuid-1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 42
  • noctuid-2.jpg
    noctuid-2.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
SsR is a pain in the arse, I've been catching them for 15 years and they still trip me up but that's what you have here.

A

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back