• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Athlon ares vs vortex viper in 65 (1 Viewer)

sixtus

Hi folks, looking to get a spotting scope again. Was wondering at the two above models?

The vortex viper seems to have a good rep and vortex is well represented in Australia.

Than I heard the athlon ares was actually giving the vortex razor(!) a run for its money optics wise? Athlon has a distributor in country, of course for smaller companies there is always the chance they fold.

Any votes folks? I'm probably as interested in durability and mechanical quality as optical performance too. For example I ditched celestron regal as an option due to some negative reviews on breakable parts. I am in a remote area of a remote country so the best chance of stuff working is top of the list.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back