• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Walrus Kinlochbervie (1 Viewer)

No more details from me, but good luck if you go. I would go if closer to the weekend although it only seems to haul out for one (?) tide at any one location. Basically a twitching nightmare...

cheers, alan

KinlochbervieScience

@klbhscience
1h1 hour ago
More
He left and was seen swimming about near loch clash early afternoon. No sign of him just now. Suspect he has gone to find somewhere quieter to relax!

gone already!

cheers, a

Latest from Birdguides:
Walrus still at Polin Beach, Highland, (NC191590) at 14:40 then swam out to sea. In recent days it has been nearby at Oldshoremore Beach (NC200586).

Rob

Just looking at other beaches on Google earth, perhaps Shegra Beach, then as a longer shot Sandlewood Bay would be worth checking. I see there is capewrathcharters.com on 01971 521359 if it is worth chartering a boat to search around the coast. Not sure how you get to some of these beaches otherwise, some are very remote.

cheers, alan

Just looking at other beaches on Google earth, perhaps Shegra Beach, then as a longer shot Sandlewood Bay would be worth checking. I see there is capewrathcharters.com on 01971 521359 if it is worth chartering a boat to search around the coast. Not sure how you get to some of these beaches otherwise, some are very remote.

cheers, alan

If it goes any further north into Cape Wrath then there is no vehicular access there so you are scuppered.

Its not being very co-operative.

Mark

ABOUT SANDWOOD BAY:

Secluded beachbreak, open to most swell, reached by a 5-mile walk. Couple of small reefs, a rivermouth and much potential. Regarded as one of Britain’s finest beaches and the most remote beach...

cheers, a

hmmm, is this true? Could be yesterday's news I think

cheers, alan

I've just looked at the FB posting which was posted today and the photographer saying "Spotted on Oldshoremore beach today"

An hour later, poster replies "Sunbathing he has been around for a couple of days. Has left now hopefully he comes back"

Make of it what you can, and hope for Steve he does linger.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back