• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

GG Shrike - Homeyeri ? (Poland) (1 Viewer)

Michał Jaro

I suspect that these shrikes are homeyeri (2 birds) - a whitish tail uppertail coverts, a large white spot on the wing, and white edge rectrices - is that right ?

Attachments

• IMG_0089_2.JPG
    IMG_0089_2.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0083_2.JPG
    IMG_0083_2.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8507_3.JPG
    IMG_8507_3.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_8508.JPG
    IMG_8508.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 21
Many thanks for explains !
What about these 2 other birds (1 and 2 pict. - one bird - 3,4 second)?

Attachments

• $47 (Copy).jpg
    $47 (Copy).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 15
  • $52 (Copy).jpg
    $52 (Copy).jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6300.JPG
    IMG_6300.JPG
    323.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6289.JPG
    IMG_6289.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 8
Michał Jaro;3951060 said:
Many thanks for explains !
What about these 2 other birds (1 and 2 pict. - one bird - 3,4 second)?

Same tail pattern here in both birds

How is GGS doing in Poland? When I was birding there 15 years ago it was still a very common bird, in Luxembourg it will soon be lost.

Thanks for the hints. From my observations and ornitho.pl, I think there is no decrease in the number of GGS in Poland. What is the reason for the disappearance of the GGS in Luxembourg?

Michał Jaro;3951476 said:
Thanks for the hints. From my observations and ornitho.pl, I think there is no decrease in the number of GGS in Poland. What is the reason for the disappearance of the GGS in Luxembourg?
It also disappears from France.
It's multifactorial :
- climate change,
- changing landscapes, turning the prairies for cultivation, arraing of hedgerows, etc.
- predation of Carrion Crow.
Jean

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back