• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cabela's Instiinct Euro HD Binocular 2017 Changes (1 Viewer)

Ontario

Canada
To be clear on the Meopta's... the portfolio currently offers a MeoStar B1 10x50 and a MeoStar B1 12x50 HD. Discontinued 50mm models include the MeoStar B1 7x50 and non-HD 12x50.

Hello MeoptaMan,

Can you please comment on the new Cabela's Instinct Euro binoculars aka Meopta Meostar HD? See attached picture.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170808-113405.jpg
    Screenshot_20170808-113405.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
To be clear on the Meopta's... the portfolio currently offers a MeoStar B1 10x50 and a MeoStar B1 12x50 HD. Discontinued 50mm models include the MeoStar B1 7x50 and non-HD 12x50.

Many thanks for setting the record straight. Meoptas are definitely deserving of being on anyone's short list.
Lee

Last edited:
Hello MeoptaMan,

Can you please comment on the new Cabela's Instinct Euro binoculars aka Meopta Meostar HD? See attached picture.

Thanks

ZZ:

I will be the first to mention, that armor design has to rank right
up there in the ugly contest.

Wow.

Jerry

ZZ:

I will be the first to mention, that armor design has to rank right
up there in the ugly contest.

Wow.

Jerry

totally agree ! It's ghastly :eek!: The current aesthetic design of the rubber and focus wheel looks nice ... not sure why they had to go and change it.

Cabelas Ugly Instinct HD...

But they got 99.9% transmission per lens surface,
even better than those classy Kamakura clones that only have 99.7%...suuucks...

Last edited:
I have no idea of where the photo came from in zzzzzz's first post. I just called Cabela's and they don't even stock an item with that item number. I recommend going directly to cabelas.com and looking up their Instinct Euro HD binoculars to see what is now offered.
Peter

I have no idea of where the photo came from in zzzzzz's first post. I just called Cabela's and they don't even stock an item with that item number. I recommend going directly to cabelas.com and looking up their Instinct Euro HD binoculars to see what is now offered.
Peter

Photo was posted on another website see link below; came from Cabelas New Optics Catalog.

FYI the old ones with the plastic focus knob (non locking diopter) are listed on the Cabelas website under (Bargain Cave) (Optics) (Binoculars) $200 off

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/optics/74340-cabelas-instinct-euro-hd.html

I stand corrected!! The previous Cabela's rep was incorrect. I called again and the new "ugly" (for those who care what their binocular looks like) binoculars do exist and are available in 8X32, 10X42, and 12X50 sizes. There is also a problem with the cabelas.com website as they are not to be found there.
Peter

i received a cabela's optics catalog today in the mail... that photo can be found on page 32. Explains why the the current models are being discounted. No mention of what objective sizes and magnifications are available.

CG

I had to catch up on some work this morning and distraction found me looking up things on ebay. To my surprise I found the new Euro HD model with real images in full color. I thought you all would be interested. For what it's worth, I agree that these are a definite step backwards in the looks department. The older euro hd is much nicer.

The description from the product listing is given below verbatim. Note, I have no affiliation whatsoever with the seller.

CABELA'S MEOPTA MADE EURO HD BINOCULARS

NEW IN CASE

12 X 50 BINOCULARS

WOW !!! - AWESOME SHARP BRIGHT IMAGING

CLEAR LENSES

CABELA'S BINOCULAR TECHNICAL INFO:

Special lens coatings deliver superior light transmission
Built to exacting tolerances demanded by elite military units
Proven European optics produce outstanding clarity all day
Rugged rubber-armor housing withstands backcountry use
Waterproof, fogproof design allows you to glass in any weather
Oversized center focus wheel is easy to use, even with gloves
Cabela’s relentless pursuit of superior optics led us to Europe, where we partnered with a glass company renowned for excellence. We asked them to improve our already excellent Euro binoculars by drawing on the level of expertise that prompted NASA to use their optics in the space shuttle and the U.S. Army to install them in tanks. The result is our Euro HD – binoculars that deliver performance that matches or surpasses some of the best names in optics for a fraction of the cost. We upgraded our already outstanding Euro binoculars to create the Euro HD, binoculars that provide performance equal or superior to high-end binoculars costing hundreds of dollars more. The Cabela's Euro HD 12 X 50 Binoculars feature a MeoBright 5501 fully multicoated optical system and phase-corrected prisms to deliver amazing 99.9% light transmission per lens surface and nearly non-existent color distortion. You’ll enjoy image clarity and true, rich, vivid color reproduction no other binoculars in this price range can surpass. All this outstanding optical performance is housed in a sleek, ergonomically designed aluminum-alloy body with a rugged layer of textured rubber armor to reduce carry weight and protect it from rough use. Each pair is completely nitrogen-purged, sealed and guaranteed to provide a lifetime of fogproof, waterproof performance. Other features include twist-up eyecups, an oversized center-focus wheel with an integrated adjustable diopter for instantaneous focusing, and lens covers & Case.

Attachments

• EuroHD12x50_2017_1.jpg
    EuroHD12x50_2017_1.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 371
  • EuroHD12x50_2017_2.jpg
    EuroHD12x50_2017_2.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 316
  • EuroHD12x50_2017_3.jpg
    EuroHD12x50_2017_3.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 274
Damn the original beautiful design has had a ghastly turn around. Looks like a wanna be "tacticool" binos....

I have been told by floor salespeople that the glass is the same and the armoring and focus wheel is all that has changed.

CG

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back