• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Questions related to GPO (1 Viewer)

We work with mechanical and industrial engineers in Germany on a project basis to create the look and feel of our products.

Any company affiliation or just random Germans?

James:

I suppose we know it is not Zeiss, as the higher ups came from there.

Allbinos has a thorough review of the Passion HD, if you care to read,
and the major issue was too high levels of CA, and the Fov, is not as wide as
its competition. The competition is stiff in the mid-range, as is well known.

Jerry

A few former Zeiss engineers came to GPO with Mike Jensen and Richard Schmidt. It is my understanding from conversations I had when I reviewed that design is mostly in house with typical consultations with the manufacturer...,Kamakura or whomever. They don't stand on the street corner asking random passerby to come in and design a binocular.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back