• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (7 Viewers)

Due to the heavy snowfall watched the garden today, nuthatch, coal tit, long tail tits, great tits ,blue tits, bullfinch,greenfinch,chaffinch,dunnock, robin, blackbird, carrion crow, magpie, wood pigeon, male sparrowhawk flew through, surprisingly no gold finch

Due to the heavy snowfall watched the garden today, nuthatch, coal tit, long tail tits, great tits ,blue tits, bullfinch,greenfinch,chaffinch,dunnock, robin, blackbird, carrion crow, magpie, wood pigeon, male sparrowhawk flew through, surprisingly no gold finch

Funnily enough our Goldfinches all but vanished yesterday too, after a hard frost and early mornng snow - we've had around 40 coming to the feeders for several weeks, yesterday there was just one and that was at dusk. We're at 1,000metres asl so they have the option to go lower to escape the snow but I wonder where yours have gone?
Did get our first ever Alpine Accentor at a feeder though so a nice compensation:t:

I did see one goldfinch in tree behind garden , so probably still about, Alpine Accentor is some garden tick��

Had 3 Bullfinches yesterday and today, whilst just about to prep some Christmas chutneys, we had a visit from the Sprawk.

Have a great Christmas all.

Attachments

• IMG_4971.jpg
    IMG_4971.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 73
Pair of Ravens stooping and cronking over the garden this Christmas morning along with 3 Goosander flying by. Have a wonderful day everyone and seasons best wishes

So I'm new here, so I'll post my current list of birds visiting although not all daily, hopefully you guys will enjoy and I can make this list more expansive at a future date......

Blackbird - 2 adults - 4 young, Chaffinch - 1 pair, carrion crow, collared dove - a pair, Dunnock, Goldfinch, Black headed / lesser Gul, Jackdaw, Jay, Magpie, Nuthatch, Ferral pigeon, Blue - Great _ Long Tailed Tits, Grey Wagtail, GS Woodpecker, Woodpigeon and wren

So I'm new here, so I'll post my current list of birds visiting although not all daily, hopefully you guys will enjoy and I can make this list more expansive at a future date......

Blackbird - 2 adults - 4 young, Chaffinch - 1 pair, carrion crow, collared dove - a pair, Dunnock, Goldfinch, Black headed / lesser Gul, Jackdaw, Jay, Magpie, Nuthatch, Ferral pigeon, Blue - Great _ Long Tailed Tits, Grey Wagtail, GS Woodpecker, Woodpigeon and wren

Welcome on board :t:

I very rarely get a Jay so well done for that one especially :t: Grey Wagtail in Winter only as well.

Worked from home this morning. 1st Siskin for a little while along with 1st Lesser Redpoll for a few years:t: Also making an appearance were male Sprawk, Bullies, several Blackbirds, Marsh Tit, GSW's, LTT's and a male Blackcap.

Attachments

• IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 36
It's been a while since i've posted!

I'm still getting various birds in the garden on a regular basis - Robin, Blackbird, Blue/Great/Coal/Long-tailed Tit, Woodpigeon, Collared Dove, Goldfinch, Wren, Goldcrest, House Sparrows, Starlings and Magpie. Highlights over the past few months - Blackcap, GS Woodpecker, Whitethroat, Chiffchaff & Willow Warbler.

Plus 3 Squirrels and 2 Foxes almost daily!

Our two Carolina Wrens are daily visitors at our backyard bird feeders. They come to the Black Oil feeders, peanut feeders, suet feeders and pick around on the ground also for tidbits which have fallen from the raised feeders.
Other species which are usually seen are Red-bellied and Downy Woodpeckers, an occasional Hairy Woodpecker, Northern Cardinals, Bluejays, House Finches, House Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos, Black-capped Chickadees, White-breasted Nuthatches. Every now and again a European Starling drops in for a visit.

Our two Carolina Wrens are daily visitors at our backyard bird feeders. They come to the Black Oil feeders, peanut feeders, suet feeders and pick around on the ground also for tidbits which have fallen from the raised feeders.
Other species which are usually seen are Red-bellied and Downy Woodpeckers, an occasional Hairy Woodpecker, Northern Cardinals, Bluejays, House Finches, House Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos, Black-capped Chickadees, White-breasted Nuthatches. Every now and again a European Starling drops in for a visit.

Larry, good to read from you. I hope everything is fine! Haven't read from you since last November.

It's been a while since i've posted!

I'm still getting various birds in the garden on a regular basis - Robin, Blackbird, Blue/Great/Coal/Long-tailed Tit, Woodpigeon, Collared Dove, Goldfinch, Wren, Goldcrest, House Sparrows, Starlings and Magpie. Highlights over the past few months - Blackcap, GS Woodpecker, Whitethroat, Chiffchaff & Willow Warbler.

Plus 3 Squirrels and 2 Foxes almost daily!

Hi Pam, good to see you back

Masses of birds in the garden at the moment due to the slightly colder weather. First Jay for a while appeared today.

A Pied Wagtail has also been around for the last few days, which is unusual for our garden.

IMG_5100.jpg

IMG_5101.jpg

Wife filmed this sparrowhawk today - not sure if it's a juvenille or why it was holding up it's right leg. Apparently it's "Go Vegan" week for Sparrowhawks 8-P

Attachments

• sparrowh.jpg
    sparrowh.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 27
My 7 year old spotted the Sparrowhawk in the garden yesterday. Also regularly getting 2 GSW's on the feeder which the youngest has named Chompy and Pecky :-O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back