• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron Traveler BGA ED 10x32 - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

justabirdwatcher

Looking at getting a pair of 10x32's for mid-day birding and the specs and reviews on these look pretty good. I'm wondering if anyone has had a chance to use them?

The other pair I'm considering, and I'm familiar with, are the Nikon Monarch 7 10x30's.

Checked out a pair last fall at a raptor fest. Great optics but the focus wheel was the stiffest I’ve ever encountered. A pair of vice grips would have been appropriate. Probably would have loosened over time. The M7s are glare machines. Maven B3s are a similar design but different optics made in Japan. Highly reccomended. Nicest 10x mid size I’ve ever had. Should never had sold them.

Thanks Upland. I have a $200 rebate card from B&H and unfortunately, they don't sell the Mavens, otherwise I'd definitely give those a try. If the Travellers have a wonky focus wheel, I'll return them.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back