• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shooting (1 Viewer)

rosbifs

PutAin STOP
Ukraine
Just went down to Lourdes airport (France) to see if the Hen Harriers were about. Didn't see them but there were a couple of teenagers with a shotgun shooting - or trying to shoot Skylarks!!! (I guess they would take a pop at anything) Is this legal in France? I wish my french was better to do more about it......
The other point is having a gun next to the airport would attract police attention pretty quickly in any other country.

In a lot of other Countries you can't even use binoculars near an airport never mind a gun! I've no idea what the law on shooting birds is in France btu Charles De Gaul airport gets my vote for the worst airport and the rudest (to put it politely) staff than any other airport in the world.

Whatever the regulations in France, I'm sure you would have got a good response if you had gone into the airport and told an official that there were two suspicious characters with guns trying to get into the airport. That would have livened up the little punks.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back