• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss binoculars accident (1 Viewer)

DavidC

Hi All

Whilst I was away on a recent trip I managed to hurl my Zeiss 8 x 32 binoculars, not on purpose but quickly grabbed my camera out of a rucksack and the binoculars came with them and flew.

Since this has happened the focus wheel has adjusted to most of the revolutions being from 0 to 10ft, and for sea watching nearly off the dial to one side.

Looking through the binoculars the image is still good however there is limited adjustment for longer distances.

Not sure if anyone has had this problem or knows of a quick fix or is it a send in job.

regards

Dave

I have just had my Zeiss bins repaired. You need to get in touch with the Zeiss Authorised Repair Centre. East Coast Binocular Repairs, The Old Dairy, Stable Yard, Ryston Hall, Ryston, Norfolk, PE38 OAA. Phone01366 387581. Email address [email protected]. Great service. Ask for Gary.

+1 for East Coast Binocular repairs, just sent a pair of Nikon HGL's in for a service and came back in less than a week. Excellent service and great value for money.

Thanks.

Hoped there might be a cheaper fix.

Dave
Had the exactly same problem with a pair of Nikon. I peeled down the rubber guard and found a small adjustment screw just below the focus wheel on the right hand side. A couple of tiny turns and it was back to normal. They've been fine ever since.
Best of luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back