• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Willow or Wood Warbler? Scotland (1 Viewer)

alex berryman

Another one for you guys to ID.

Apologies for the shocking Out of Focus photo! If its not possible to ID it from this the do not worry and I'll try and get a better pic.

But if it is possible to ID it I'd like to know whether it is a wood warbler or a willow warbler.

Regards

Alex

Attachments

• DSC07144.jpg
    DSC07144.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 161
Just in general, I wish people identifying birds here would give their explanation for it. It would be far more educating than just declaring it a * or a ^ or other.
toad

Quite right. However as I have said before there sometimes isn't time, work/kids/wife etc. When I can and have before I will always try and give an explanation.
There are always field guides to consult!
Perhaps if the OP states what he wants from the thread i.e why? This may assist with the replies.

For comparison here is a pic with a Wood Warbler taken yesterday in Bucharest (sorry for the quality!)

Attachments

• P8077710m_f.jpg
    P8077710m_f.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 104
For comparison here is a pic with a Wood Warbler taken yesterday in Bucharest (sorry for the quality!)

Unequivocal..and what a superb bird Cristian...hopefully one day I'll be able to match that ''quality'' ;) and get that little beauty in my shutter frame.

cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back