• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Egret, Florida, USA (1 Viewer)

bobsofpa

I thought I knew my Egrets. The below photograph was taken this morning at the Venice Rookery, Florida, USA.

The feet are not yellow so not a Snowy. The bill has no yellow in it so not a Great. Could this be a Juvenile Cattle Egret?

Attachments

• 613_02407 EGRET.jpg
    613_02407 EGRET.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 140
The real contender here (due to two-colored bill) is a white Roseate Egret. Just to make sure that I see this in the same way as others, the id as little blue is due to the greenish legs on the OP bird, right?

Niels

I don't know about Reddish Egret - looks like a Little Blue Heron to me.

Immature LBHE have a lighter base and darker tip to their bills. Plus, as you said, the greenish legs.

the cattle egret is out of the question due to a shorter bill
it look tro me too, as a Juv. Little Blue Heron due to legs and bill

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back