• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How is your 2020 List Going? (2 Viewers)

This morning I had my best day in a while, adding nine species to my Year List.

303. Cedar Waxwing
304. Cerulean Warbler
305. Blackpoll Warbler
306. Bay-breasted Warbler
307. Veery
308. Magnolia Warbler
309. Acadian Flycatcher
310. Alder Flycatcher
311. Eastern Wood Pewee

Dave

Another good day today, with four additions to my Year List.

312. Prairie Warbler
313. Tennessee Warbler
314. Red-headed Woodpecker
315. Willow Flycatcher

Dave

I went over to the Wyre Forest yesterday but struck out on virtually most of the birds I was hoping for. I did add two new year birds though.

95. Pied Flycatcher
96. Dipper.

Been very frustrated birding for a week. People have found cool birds, I looked for a non-singing worm-eating warbler with a group for 30 minutes and gave up. It's from my pre-eBird days that I found one in Missouri, and I do not have a date to put it under. I do have that location and year.

192 Acadian Flycatcher Wilderness Park--S. 14th St. west
193 Tennessee Warbler Wilderness Park--S. 14th St. west
194 Mourning Warbler Wilderness Park--14th Street pond
195 Yellow-billed Cuckoo Wilderness Park US-NE
196 Alder Flycatcher

Four more in the past 3 days, including a rather rare bird for Sweden (and a silly moment for myself!)

202. European Honey Buzzard
203. Icterine Warbler
204. Black-winged Stilt
205. Garganey

I saw the Stilt and Garganey this morning, though I made a mistake with the Swedish translations and instead of twitching the hoped for Stilt Sandpiper (which would have been a World lifer!) I ended up twitching a Black-winged Stilt instead... Felt a little stupid, but Stilt is a fantastic bird for Sweden, so that's a silver lining.

206. Bluethroat
207. Eurasian Hobby
208. Spotted Flycatcher

Today at the northern tip of Öland on a failed River Warbler twitch.

Migration is winding down and new birds are getting harder to find. Only one addition to the Year List today.

316. Black-billed Cuckoo

Dave

197 Olive-sided flycathcher
198. Worm-eating warbler
199. Cerulean warbler
200. White-eyed vireo
201. Louisiana Waterthrush
202. Red-shouldered hawk

Some birds from Missouri. Meanwhile, I missed 3 days of a fantastic fallout at home

This morning I went to a neighboring county to chase a rarity that was found two days ago. I quickly and easily found my target.

319. Sedge Wren

It was a state lifer (number 289), my fourth of the year.

Dave

This morning I went to a neighboring county to chase a rarity that was found two days ago. I quickly and easily found my target.

319. Sedge Wren

It was a state lifer (number 289), my fourth of the year.

Dave
We have then here twice a year, on their way North and back. They linger quite a while in August and sing while here.

Going back to 197 I had missed a bird

197. Henslow's Sparrow
198. Olive-sided flycathcher
199. Carolina chickadee
200. Worm-eating warbler
201. Cerulean warbler
202. White-eyed vireo
203. Louisiana Waterthrush
204. Red-shouldered hawk
205. Magnolia Warbler
206. Western grebe

One more on my dog walk. I'm surprised it has taken so long to see one. I have heard dozens but none of them showed until today.

97. Green Woodpecker.

A few from the NSG Kleinenberg, just south of Paderborn:

85 Common Raven
86 Common House Martin
87 Marsh Warbler
88 Black Stork
89 Icterine Warbler

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back