• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kingfishers (1 Viewer)

The River Rea Kingfisher in the 2nd location yesterday.
Then mid day the Bourn Brook Kingfisher by the blue bridge, 7th time.

Today ,July 30th, a single kingfisher again on the Bourn Brook by the blue bridge,also heron,goldfinches,a green woodpecker calling and two very tatty large skipper butterflies.

Today ,July 30th, a single kingfisher again on the Bourn Brook by the blue bridge,also heron,goldfinches,a green woodpecker calling and two very tatty large skipper butterflies.

Yes, saw the Bourn Brook, Kingfisher this morning, in the valley.
Loads of fish in the brook.
The River Rea Kingfisher flew through Ten Acres, past 2 Little Egrets.
I heard the Kings Norton, Kingfisher calling yesterday.

Late report, I went out again last Saturday. Heard the Kingfisher calling along the Bourn Brook. I think that's 9 times now.
Last Sunday, struggled to find the River Rea Kingfisher at Ten Acres. In the end it was closer to Canon Hill Park.
Not sure if it's been a successful summer at this spot, I saw a pair early in the year, then they disappeared. Then one hung around, then disappeared, then there was a pair a few times. But never in one area.
I think the Kings Norton pair might have been successful.

I was up, out early & good job with the later rain.
After the River Cole Kingfisher it was even better to hear the Bourn Brook Kingfisher calling loudly.

Yesterday after the River Cole Kingfisher, I thought I best check the River Rea, Ten Acres.
There was a Heron and Little Egret.
Then the Kingfisher gave a call and appeared, it checked out a few spots before flying further down. I left it to fish.
Midday, I checked the Bourn Brook again, there was a Heron in the Valley.
Then the Kingfisher shot past and checked out the spot by the blue bridge without a sound.

After the River Cole Kingfisher, the Kingfisher again on the River Rea. It stopped on the flood defence wall.
The Kings Norton Kingfisher was getting harder to find but then flew through from the Lifford direction
Then on the Bourn Brook the Kingfisher was by the blue bridge

After the River Cole Kingfisher,
A Kingfisher flew through on the River Rea at Ten Acres.
Then along the Bourn Brook, I was looking at the brook and the Kingfisher was next to me, hidden by the bank growth.

Great views of the Bourn Brook Kingfisher. It was sat up high by the blue bridge. It then flew off down the back of the trees & its blue shone. It then flew back again & sat on a branch of a tree that's fallen in the brook. Good to see on Twitter 2 were seen on the lower Bourn Brook by the boulders. Great!

Yesterday morning the River Cole Kingfisher.
In the afternoon I walked along the River Rea from Canon Hill park, got to my usual spot and heard tutting. Then one Kingfisher passed me in the trees another along the River. Two Kingfisher.
Then a quick check of the Bourn Brook valley & the Kingfisher flew in. Great!

The Kingfisher along the Bourn Brook now flies past the blue bridge as the fish have moved.
It was opposite the old reservoir yesterday.
The River Rea, Kingfisher stopped yesterday and flew through today at Ten Acres.
Rob, saw a Kingfisher fly through Lifford, it might be the Kings Norton one.
Then at Woodbrooke this week, reports of a Kingfisher on their lake.

After the four Kingfisher along the Cole at Trittiford I thought it was time to check out the Cole at Babbs Mill Lake. The Kingfisher was in the usual spot by the Mill.
Surprised there aren't more Kingfisher along this stretch. I've seen plenty of fish but as on Twitter there seems to be an issue with water quality.

After the two Kingfisher on the River Cole, a single Kingfisher calling along the River Rea, then I just heard the Kingfisher on the Bournbrook.

After the Kingfisher on the River Cole, a Kingfisher on the Bourn Brook. After all the rain I think the fish have moved lol. The Kingfisher was on a nice stretch with bends just down from the blue bridge. There were 50+ Starlings gathering, whistling away & some catching the insects. Great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back