• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

some pics>>>>>> (1 Viewer)

hunterpaul

IMG_5040-1.jpg

you will have to press the link... this is a friends gos... Paul

Yes cheers Mike - I thought I'd spotted a wip somewhere, but maybe that was on Wetcanvas (was it Paul?). Ahem - we'll keep the 'artists-wives and partners' thread for another day, shall we.

wow how did you do that, it is a good job I dont have any pics of my wife naked up there, she would frighten you to death... I didnt know you could do that....HP

Sorry Paul, just a simple matter of taking off the last bit of the directory...

Mike

though everybody knows I'm not a big fan of photo-realism, it is astonishing the skill and control that is needed to produce a work like this. I feel I could run my fingers through those feathers and have them bitten off by it!

Yes cheers Mike - I thought I'd spotted a wip somewhere, but maybe that was on Wetcanvas (was it Paul?). Ahem - we'll keep the 'artists-wives and partners' thread for another day, shall we.
thats right tim... I did a wip on WC.... working on yet another gos at the moment... so all those horrible chest barrs again... aaaaargh

Nice to see such detail and skill , Now Step away from the airbrush!;):t:

Seriously good work though Paul. Love the one of the Gos tucked in to the
side of the tree trunk.

Nice to see such detail and skill , Now Step away from the airbrush!;):t:

Seriously good work though Paul. Love the one of the Gos tucked in to the
side of the tree trunk.
I know what you are saying andy... unfortunately, all the commissions I am getting are asking for that particular style... I want to do some action stuff too, but again people are wanting portrait stuff... and at the moment I cant turn down paying customers.... thanks for all the comments, im so pleased with the site I cant tell you... Paul

Well done Paul!.....Er,...What one?

Mike
its an online portrait thing called picture draw... there is a monthly comp, then all the monthly winners get judged at the end of the year for an overall winner... I was quite pleased as I have never entered anything before... I am also going to be in next months sporting shooter magazine, as the featured artist.... hopefully I may be able to get some serious work now... he dreams...HP

Hi hunterpaul,

WOW....I'm a little behind in seeing all this lovely work on here but by far yours has been the most inspirational for me and the closest to what I would look to achieve in my own work. A photorealist!!!! I simply love it! I know some people find it hard to see the point in creating a piece of artwork that replicates a photograph but from a skill point of view it's not just a matter of copying photographs. It's how each individual interprets something and we do afterall see things differently. Patience helps a great deal to but it also clearly shows you love what you do!

Love it! Absolutely love it! Airbrush or digital?...either way fantastic!

Hi hunterpaul,

WOW....I'm a little behind in seeing all this lovely work on here but by far yours has been the most inspirational for me and the closest to what I would look to achieve in my own work. A photorealist!!!! I simply love it! I know some people find it hard to see the point in creating a piece of artwork that replicates a photograph but from a skill point of view it's not just a matter of copying photographs. It's how each individual interprets something and we do afterall see things differently. Patience helps a great deal to but it also clearly shows you love what you do!

Love it! Absolutely love it! Airbrush or digital?...either way fantastic!
thanks very much... I only use the airbrush on the background, the rest is with conventional brushes, and acrylic paint.... I invent the background, and as these are commissions of peoples birds I add their bird to whatever bg, and foreground they want... and on whatever prey they like... eg I am working on another gos at the moment... the gos was originally on a pheasant but the guy wanted it on a hare, by a river.... so what I came up with was this....

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back