• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (1 Viewer)

Something weird happened. We both had "life incidents" and disappeared. People had a party in my thread while I was away. You got lucky! The mess was unbelievable! :-C

But your comeback has trumped mine. A garden RBS! Superb sketches. It's like being back in Polska!
It is great to see your raw sketch work. This is right up my street! I could almost eat these drawings! :eat:

Glad you got a place! Now get working. And watch out for gatecrashing house-warming party animals! (They're all really nice people really!:eek!:;))

Good luck to you and your family in your new abode. I was drinking anyway, but now I've got a "cause celebre!" B :)

first bird I saw sitting atop a hedge of hard fucsia - red-backed shrike. Killer!! in more ways than one.
From then on the day took a different tack - 30 minutes of study and enjoyment and a day-long buzz from this cracking little girl.
If ever there was a good omen, then this surely is it.
Cheers . . .
Lovely sketches Tim. I had a family of RBS near my old studio and I did some field work then. I posted an oil of this bird in my blog just two days ago. Good luck with the new house!
By the way, I look froward to see your book, when are you expected to give birth?

Lovely sketches Tim. I had a family of RBS near my old studio and I did some field work then. I posted an oil of this bird in my blog just two days ago. Good luck with the new house!
By the way, I look froward to see your book, when are you expected to give birth?
Thanks Juan - great to see your blog updated, always a highlight.
The book was scheduled for publication on 22nd of November - but they (the publisher) now tell me they are holding it back until February. Out of my hands now :)

Tim, what a fab omen!! hope you like your new place and that it brings you plenty
more like that one. Wonderful capture your skill and confidence overflow in this even if you say your rusty!

Yes thanks Phil - just building a house, that's all . . . :)

I thought you had 'bought' a new house, not that you were having to 'build' one. In either case best of luck. When you are done you'll have both a new house and a new book out. Hope they both happen speedily, though I like others was sad to hear about the delay in the publication of the book. Now what do I put on my Christmas list?

excellent news - Christmas is saved! You wouldn't be any relation to the Tiny Tim of Dickens' fame would you now?

Great news, for you and for us! Now I'll be watching to see if the automatic 'notify when available' function on Amazon.com works or not...I'll know now to follow up by then if I don't hear anything directly. Looking forward to it!

Tim, I'll email you re. your Book but many congratulations and will certainly be purchasing a copy. (Oh and what a stunning and convincing cover plate!)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back