• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cat v Grey Squirrel (1 Viewer)

perhaps mr AA, it would have depended on the wit of the writer. i assumed you had some. your commentary often shows intelligence, if little humour.

tonight my supper is lamb shank.

I would get the local pair of robins nest in the Ivy on the fence, even blue tits in their nest box close by thou I,m not sure if they liked one anothers company thou or one nested one year and thee other did,nt in that order, but the cats that come through the garden now stopped both of those species nesting to find safer confines, I enjoyed Watching the robins nesting and blue tits plus rearing of their young, after such birds as hedge sparrow and blackbird were robbed of their young by crows and magpies mainly magpies, just after 2000 I had a pair of song thrush nest in early march after about a week a carrion crow took the eggs, not forgetting the squirrels, but with the cats as well any successful birds deserve a gold star in breeding success luckily there are some.

perhaps mr AA, it would have depended on the wit of the writer. i assumed you had some. your commentary often shows intelligence, if little humour.

tonight my supper is lamb shank.

You're the first to start squealing at something or other but you still have a sneeky little dig and then claim humour, pull the other one.

Had someone called you a bullshitter, which is pretty much the gist, you'd have been firing off all indignant as usual. You found the caps lock I see, always assumed yours was broken or you didn't know where it was, perhaps the use of 'mr' was humour that bypassed your Wildeian wit....?

Last edited:
I would get the local pair of robins nest in the Ivy on the fence, even blue tits in their nest box close by thou I,m not sure if they liked one anothers company thou or one nested one year and thee other did,nt in that order, but the cats that come through the garden now stopped both of those species nesting to find safer confines, I enjoyed Watching the robins nesting and blue tits plus rearing of their young, after such birds as hedge sparrow and blackbird were robbed of their young by crows and magpies mainly magpies, just after 2000 I had a pair of song thrush nest in early march after about a week a carrion crow took the eggs, not forgetting the squirrels, but with the cats as well any successful birds deserve a gold star in breeding success luckily there are some.

We have the same problem.......there are so many cats in a small area that birds won't even feed let alone nest in our garden....until now.
After a lot of hard work and spending on electronic cat scarers,we have encouraged a number of birds to feed and we even have a pair of sparrows nesting in our wall.
I just wish people would think before buying cats and certainly only have one instead of three etc like a neighbour of ours has.
I'd like to think if people were better informed about the amount of our natural wildlife that pet cats kill,they could make better choices to the suitability of owning one themselves.

We have the same problem.......there are so many cats in a small area that birds won't even feed let alone nest in our garden....until now.
After a lot of hard work and spending on electronic cat scarers,we have encouraged a number of birds to feed and we even have a pair of sparrows nesting in our wall.
I just wish people would think before buying cats and certainly only have one instead of three etc like a neighbour of ours has.
I'd like to think if people were better informed about the amount of our natural wildlife that pet cats kill,they could make better choices to the suitability of owning one themselves.

We have a neighbour in Nottingham who has six in a flat, they stink and no attempt is made to stop them roaming and impregnating other local cats.

Cat owners need to take responsibility for their 'pets' and keep them indoors as most cat owners in Russia do, some of our neighbours in Russia, even walk their cats on a lead - that is responsible ownership.

A

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back