• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need Help With B&L Discoverer Porro 10x50 (1 Viewer)

angelo225544

I was hoping someone might assist me in snugging down the ocular arms on a Bausch and Lomb Discoverer 10x50 Porro binocular. Before making this simple adjustment, I wanted to confirm that the embossed decorative cap between the oculars unscrews (as opposed to being pried off like a bottle cap). Has anyone ever removed that cap from either a Discoverer Porro, or even a Zephyr? Thank you for your assistance.

Problem solved. It unscrews, but requires a bit more torque than I expected. The screw head is covered by the decorative emblem, so I resorted to unscrewing the entire cap/emblem/screw assembly.

Problem solved. It unscrews, but requires a bit more torque than I expected. The screw head is covered by the decorative emblem, so I resorted to unscrewing the entire cap/emblem/screw assembly.

The problem was MORE than solved; a lesson was learned. But remember, as you have occasion to tell others, only about 80% will get it. The most adamant will twist your words and blame you for their lack of understanding. Welcome to the club. :cat:

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back