• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Casamance! (1 Viewer)

toubabdoc

Bon jour! I am new here. A retired American physician living in a fishing town on the Atlantic coast in the southern part of Senegal, West Africa. I've been running a charity, West Africa Medicine & Education (www.westafricamedicine.org), for the last 13 years here and in The Gambia, just to the north.
From the veranda of my simple house, I can see dozens of birds coming to the small pond I constructed earlier this year.
This area (Senegal and The Gambia, hence "Senegambia") is a popular birding destination. Well over 200 species of birds are either resident or visit in the european winter.
With the demise of Thomas Cook things are in a bit of flux as far as tourists coming from Britain, but it's well worth the trip.

Attachments

• m_P1060432.jpg
    m_P1060432.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 5
  • m_P1060333.jpg
    m_P1060333.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 7
  • m_P1060183.jpg
    m_P1060183.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 6
Such lovely images of your neighborhood birds ;)

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits. Lovely photos! Maybe you can post some more in The Gallery?

Hello and welcome to the forum. Splendid pictures of your visitors. Enjoy your time here.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back