• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2018. (1 Viewer)

Perhaps not surprising being almost surrounded my numerous sightings....a dive bombing Hawfinch overhead into the wood at 8.05 am. no.48.

One to get you drooling, I would normally spend days scanning the distant mountaisides with the 'scope hoping for this species, so I nearly choked on my lunch as this beauty came gliding down the valley just now:

39 Lammergeier

So, with hopefully Woodpigeon returning soon and the nearby farm's House Sparrows surely due to pay us a visit I should break the magic 40 barrier before the end of the month. After that I might as well sit in the sauna till March like Wari in Finland (except we don't have one:-C)

:t: I (almost) could give up the sauna, if I only got Lammergeier instead of...

#21. Waxwing - At the Sunday morning 16 birds landed briefly on top of birch. Couln't get photo of them, but later I spend little time on yard and photographing "my tame Redpolls" and few other birds too.

Attachments

• aKuva5-103.jpg
    aKuva5-103.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 59
  • aKuva5-194.jpg
    aKuva5-194.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 48
  • aKuva5-264.jpg
    aKuva5-264.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 67
  • aKuva5-383.jpg
    aKuva5-383.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 51
#21. Waxwing - At the Sunday morning 16 birds landed briefly on top of birch. Couln't get photo of them, but later I spend little time on yard and photographing "my tame Redpolls" and few other birds too.

Looks like you've got everybody's Redpolls Wari....:t: :-C

We’re in mourning here as one of the Treecreepers is no more after having collided with our big window, and that’s despite my wife and our nieces' sterling efforts to make said window more visible by sticking giant paper snowflakes all over it.

Still no Woodpigeons but at 6 o’clock the first hooting of this year:

40 Tawny Owl

Last edited:
May your TC RIP Richard.

Just spotted a raptor at about 1km - with the bins I "knew what it was" - I'm always looking for one of these as a pair breeds some 6kms away and I've seen them nearer to home on a few occasions but never from home. So - I scrambled the scope up to double-check, very good ;)

31. Black-winged Kite

May your TC RIP Richard.

Just spotted a raptor at about 1km - with the bins I "knew what it was" - I'm always looking for one of these as a pair breeds some 6kms away and I've seen them nearer to home on a few occasions but never from home. So - I scrambled the scope up to double-check, very good ;)

31. Black-winged Kite

Highly required for my list!!.....although I'm quite prepared to accept one lower down. :-O

Wow, congratulations Simon B :)

Cheers! Not a scratch on your Lammergeier, BWK is to be expected around here - though thin on the ground.

Highly required for my list!!.....although I'm quite prepared to accept one lower down. :-O

Parts of southern Portugal have high densities and (theoretically ;) you can't miss them in those areas, you'll have to get yourself down here sometime. I suppose BWK is a reasonably potential 1st for Britain in the nearish future, seeing how they are spreading north.

Almost 8.5% of the year gone, and I notched up my 50th grdn.bird species this am, in the shape of two flyover Egyptian Geese which constitutes an approximate 2/3rds marker for the year.....now the daily grind! :-C

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back