• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Limousin Garden List growing.. (1 Viewer)

osprey123

Moved to the Limousin (Creuse area) in March to a small hamlet in the country and the garden list is growing daily..

Mallard
Grey Heron
Red Kite
Black Kite
Common Buzzard
Common Wood Pigeon
European Green Woodpecker
Common Kestrel
Eurasian Jay
Eurasian Magpie
Carrion Crow
Northern Raven
Coal Tit
Eurasian Blue Tit (breeding)
Great Tit
Barn Swallow (Breeding)
Long-tailed Tit (prob Breeding)
Eurasian Blackcap (prob Breeding)
Eurasian Nuthatch
Common Starling
Common Blackbird (prob Breeding)
European Robin
Common Nightingale (singing daily in the garden outside our window)
Black Redstart (prob Breeding)
House Sparrow (Breeding)
Dunnock
White Wagtail
Tree Pipit
Common Chaffinch (prob Breeding)
European Greenfinch
Common Linnet

We've been living in the Creuse for the last 10 years and have a garden list just shy of 100 species - but interestingly have never recorded Nightingale (we're too high up) or Mallard!

We've had some real surprises - Griffon Vultures (on 3 occasions), Black Storks and most recently Night Heron. As DTM says -expect the unexpected!

:t:

Hi Torchepot whereabouts are you? I'm just outside Bonnet. That's some list size! I'll make sure to keep an eye open .

Last edited:
Hi Torchepot whereabouts are you? I'm just outside Bonnet. That's some list size! I'll make sure to keep an eye open .

We stayed with friends in an old water-mill near Bonnat years ago - beautiful area, we like the Crozant, La Celle-Dunois area very much and tried to find a property there.

We're not too far from Bourganeuf in a little hamlet.

Waited 8 years for Garden Warbler then we had two together, but they didn't stay to breed.

We raced to 60 or so species, in, or from the garden, very quickly but of course it gets harder to see new species as time goes by. Last year after a long spell with no additions we saw Merlin and Black-headed Gull (the only gulls we've ever had fly over!).

4 more for the garden list...

Peregrine
Red-legged Partridge
Lesser-spotted Woodpecker
Cirl Bunting

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back