• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eyepieces for Fujinon Super 60? (1 Viewer)

slingworks

I happen to come across a Fujinon super 60 for sale locally and I am curious if there any eyepieces of other makes that may interchange? The Fujinon has a zoom on it and I'm not real fond of it..Thinking if I could find a fixed eyepiece it would suit me a bit better.

Any experience? Or is it mostly a dead item with no available or to be found eyepieces?

Good luck finding the fixed EPs. Rare items.
I had a Super ED80. The zoom indeed sucked but the 30xw was great though not much eye relief. I also had the 50x but didn't use it much.

I recall the bayonet mount wasn't very secure and I constantly was checking the EP was in it's full clockwise position.
Want ads and patience are my suggestion.

As I remember there were non ED and ED versions. I don't think I would waste much time looking for EPs for a non ED version.

I replaced the Fuji with a Pentax 80mm scope which was quite an improvement for the selection of EPs, though it was a beast.
I then replaced the Pentax with a Nikon ED82 of which I still have and will not be selling, ever.

Last edited:
I adapted astronomy eyepieces for my Nikon and Kowa scopes,with very good results..I had adapters machined to fit the Kowa,but i also fitted the eyepieces to my Nikon ,with some crude if quite reliable home made adapters(no need to keep ckecking the bayonet!!)using all kind of plastic and metal rings,tubes or even tape...I used,and still use,the BST Explorer 12 mm and the lower power " Flat Field" BST 16mm . Both These eyepieces can have the astronomy barrel removed,exposing threads that can help to fit an adapter.The Explorer has a barlow element in the barrel,but It can easily be taken off,and be attached to the eyepiece body using some masking tape(yes..permanently and weatherproof in my experience)These two models are sold by different brands and cost between 50 and 70 dollars depending on the brand and seller.If You have trouble finding Fujinon eyepieces ,you can try this route,specially if you are handy and creative and think that you can enjoy the fitting challenge...
Good luck

Attachments

• IMG_20190708_172129935-3.jpg
    IMG_20190708_172129935-3.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
In a catalogue from Martin Birkmaier (†) of Intercon-Spacetec, Germany (2002) the Super 60A is listed with four fix-focal-length ep (25x-52°, 30x-69°, 50x-50°, 80x-56°) and a zoom (20-60x; 34-66°). I think the real mag with the 60 is less, because the bigger cousin 'Super 80' has the same values, but shurely has a bigger focal length. He wrote that the 60A has a very good optical performance. You can try to find the Fujinon eyepieces, best (e.g. exit pupil with the 60A) the 30x.

good luck
Manfred

I didn't pick it up yet..Thinking maybe to pass now.

I like fixed eyepieces myself, but if they're hard to find not really worth it I think.

Thanks for the replies and ideas/suggestions.

If you dont have the scope already ,maybe move on and look for a Nikon fieldscope ED.The EDII versión should be quite inexpensive and fixed wide eyepieces still around

I decided to pass mainly because of the lack of fixed eyepieces. I am always interested in optics that are interesting or sleepers :)

In this case I'm likely never going to find a fixed eyepiece. I really did not like the zoom at all that was on it.

I may hit the Amish Optics store here Friday and see if they have any new interested trade-ins.

Hello Mooreorless,

It's about the same thing as in your link. This shop is outside Mt Hope, OH. It's a combination of optics and clocks...

Stocking a full line of Swarovski and Nikon...Tripods etc.
A few Kowas and other makes...

I drive up there weekly to purchase materials for my business and often stop in.

https://www.timeandoptics.us/

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back