• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Absolute top 10x (under $3000) (2 Viewers)

I believe you. My Ultravid 10x32 is my favorite bin at the moment. I've linked her to a couple of threads here on the Noctivid so she can see what's being said about them. Several of the comments compare the Noctivid and the Ultravid. She can make up her mind. Likely whichever has the best eye relief and IPD range. She has very close set eyes and a lot of bins do not work for her.

Besides the low eye relief on the 10X32 being too low for her, how does the IPD range on your Ultravid fit her.
If it is ok, I would think the 10X42 UV HD+ would fit her. The 10X42 has 16mm eye relief and IPD range is 55-75 mm.

Andy W.

That was a nice review. I passed it along for what it's worth. She's not good at evaluating these reviews so I don't know what she'll make of all this. She usually just goes along with my best guess. I love the Ultravid and I love the SF and the EL. Any of them would be fine for her needs imo. What she needs most would be things like the best IPD and eye relief. I'm really interested in seeing the EDG. They've been a sort of holy grail in my childlike imagination for many years. I'd like it if she got a pair in the 32mm size at least to compare with my 32mm EL, since she also wants one lightweight 32mm. However she's very likely feeling overwhelmed with so many choices in 42mm right now so I'd like to keep it to just three. I know she does well with Swarovski so far so maybe that would be her best bet but in the end she's going to decide not me. I just get to look at what she gets and maybe give an opinion and also look towards any future purchases I might want to make.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back