• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon SX50 HS (2 Viewers)

mike86

Hi I have lost the lens cap for our Canon SX50 HS and am struggling to find any info online for what lens cap size I need to replace it? the only thing I found was a site saying 52mm but I went into jessop's and the 52mm they had didn't fit and they had no sizes above that. Any help would be great.

Hi, my SX40HS (the earlier model) has a 58mm filter fitted to it, but the odd thing is that the filter is fitted to some sort of adapter ring which appears to bayonet(?) to the camera's lens front end. It's not clear whether the adapter ring is from Canon, or a 3rd. party. There's no Canon label on my lens cap, so that doesn't help. Weird...

More info: My adapter ring is marked "lensmate SX20/SX30IS 58mm" and it's definitely a form of bayonet fitting.

Hope this helps

If you cannot source an original lenscap you might like to try the following...

Canon FA-DC67A lens adapter and a 67mm E-67II pinch snap on lenscap.

The original Canon parts would cost around £31.66 but you can obtain copies on eb*y for £3.30. I have just ordered these for my new SX60 as I wanted to use a deeper lenshood and filters on the camera.

Hope this helps.

Mike

My Canon copy from ebay needed a few minutes light sanding for a perfect fit. I ll only lose that one too so I m not buying a Canon original. I m waiting now for the sx70 to appear..

I m waiting now for the sx70 to appear..
It seems likely that we have to wait until 20-25 September 2016. The photokina fair saw the appearance of the SX50 and the SX60, and it's always in September, with two-year intervals. Hopefully the "SX70" can handle low-light situations better.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back