• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Watching magazine reviews (1 Viewer)

Grousemore said:
Not an expert,but to clarify,Scampo is correct in that the same (ostensibly 20-60)zoom eyepiece fits the 62 and 77 scopes,but the effective magnification on the 62 is only 16-48. The e/p is actually marked to that effect.

Ta Grousey. Seems the W/express review is wrong.

Will someone be so kind as to check just to prove (TO ME) I'm not imagining it.

How do you find these reviews on Warehouse Express, by the way?

Also - doesn't the zoom eyepiece look ENORMOUS on the smaller scope?

scampo said:

Actually it doesn't and works very well;I'd say it 'looks' smaller than the 30xWA(26x on 62)eyepiece.

scampo said:

As someone considering upgrading to a posh scope, I have to say that the Warehouse Express scope reviews are not very informative. Too little detail. Too much "Cor".

Grousemore said:
Actually it doesn't and works very well;I'd say it 'looks' smaller than the 30xWA(26x on 62)eyepiece.
It looks a big'un in this picture (might not be the zoom, though - but that has to be even larger, surely?). Lovely bit of kit, though - to me the large eyepiece makes it look very impressive and worth the money!

Attachments

• APOTelevid62.jpg
    APOTelevid62.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
scampo said:

find the APO 62 and there are reviews by Oddie and Nick Baker just before the product file

Grousemore said:
Not an expert,but to clarify,Scampo is correct in that the same (ostensibly 20-60)zoom eyepiece fits the 62 and 77 scopes,but the effective magnification on the 62 is only 16-48. The e/p is actually marked to that effect.

Yes, this is correct! The same goes with the fixed-focus eyepieces, the new ones have two markings on them.

Different focal lengths between the 77 & 62 no doubt, which would explain the difference in magnification.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back