• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tuscany butterfly (1 Viewer)

colincurry

England
Just back from a non-wildlife holiday in Tuscany (with the exception of our two grandsons) where we saw this lovely specimen.

Looked at Swallowtails and Festoons but could not nail it down.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Colin

P1010613 BF.jpg

P1010621 BF.jpg

Aaaaaargh! That's got to be worth the airfare in itself. Never knew they existed till now. Thanks.

...and you don't need to go to anywhere remote to find them. This one, a few years ago, was within walking distance of Tossa de Mar on the Costa Brava. I also got Camberwell Beauty, Large Tortoiseshell and Nettle Tree Butterfly together nearby.

Attachments

• two-tailed-pasha-jun-23-200.jpg
    two-tailed-pasha-jun-23-200.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 35
Hi Adey.

What dates were you there?

Can feel a trip coming on!

TIA

Late June, if I remember correctly - in fact, I've just checked on the pictures I put in the BF gallery and it was 2007! Time really flies - I hadn't realised it was that long ago. All my shots are dated between the 20th and 26th of June.

There are hills just behind Tossa and we picked up the stream that runs through the town and just followed it to a park area then followed the pathways up into the hills.

Thanks for the prompt reply Adey.

I should imagine it's changed a bit in the last 12 years though.

I’ve just booked a week from 20 June next year so fingers crossed 🤞🙂🦋

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back