• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Coming back from the shops (1) (1 Viewer)

Hi Sue and Terry,

Nice to hear from you on the Board. Pleased that you've got things sorted at your end, more than I can say for the ISP business, still rumbling on, might get critical by the end of the week.

Nah, you're not one up on me on Kingfisher photos, only on GOOD Kingfisher photos (or even reasonable ones). ROTTEN Kingfisher photos I've got, here are 3 of different birds. A gravel pit in Berks; Sandy (The Lodge); Hayle Estuary.

Love, Bill.

Sorry Sue, I've tried 4 times to attach the photos to this and they just don't 'stick'. I'll send them to you direct instead.

Love, Bill.

Last edited:
BazR said:
Hi Sue.

It's down to my ignorance I suppose love. I haven't a clue what it's all about; perhaps you in your capacity as 'resident genius', LOL!!, could enlighten me.
Thanks in anticipation.
Away for a fortnight from Thursday; off to Canada to see family.
Love.
Baz.

Hi Baz,

Now strange you should say about my being 'Resident Genius' I recognise this too (!!!) and Bill always does, don't you Bill???....and would imagine that if you go to 'My Profile' and to edit your signature that you can knock off the undefinedundefined part, though it may mean that the quote is undefined by the author quoted. Hope you know what I mean, not sure I do, but there you go.

Have a wonderful time Baz, enjoy yourselves and I hope you enjoy your time spent with the family members there again. Take great care and a safe journey there...and back!

Love, Sue

bill moss said:
Hi Sue and Terry,

Nice to hear from you on the Board. Pleased that you've got things sorted at your end, more than I can say for the ISP business, still rumbling on, might get critical by the end of the week.

Nah, you're not one up on me on Kingfisher photos, only on GOOD Kingfisher photos (or even reasonable ones). ROTTEN Kingfisher photos I've got, here are 3 of different birds. A gravel pit in Berks; Sandy (The Lodge); Hayle Estuary.

Love, Bill.

Sorry Sue, I've tried 4 times to attach the photos to this and they just don't 'stick'. I'll send them to you direct instead.

Love, Bill.

Hi Bill,

You may well define mine as being ROTTEN yet, though I'll wait until I receive yours first before possibly coming to the wrong conclusion! Ours was at the lake at Cherington, if it' not too far from you (I know, I can hear your reply already! :news: ) then you could be lucky. 'Bugs' was lovely, a good shot Bill, but how do you get them on here - size wise?? So good to see you here, really it is.

Love, Sue

Resident Genius

Sue & Terry said:
Hi Baz,

Now strange you should say about my being 'Resident Genius' I recognise this too (!!!) and Bill always does, don't you Bill???....and would imagine that if you go to 'My Profile' and to edit your signature that you can knock off the undefinedundefined part, though it may mean that the quote is undefined by the author quoted. Hope you know what I mean, not sure I do, but there you go.

Have a wonderful time Baz, enjoy yourselves and I hope you enjoy your time spent with the family members there again. Take great care and a safe journey there...and back!

Love, Sue

Hi Sue.

There you see; your title was warranted; and I'm not quite as thick as I thought I was because I understood your instructions. There's a back-handed compliment if ever I read one.
Thanks for the good wishes, and the rest.I'll contact you on my return.

Bye for now. Love.
Baz.

BazR said:
Away for a fortnight from Thursday; off to Canada to see family
Hi Baz,
Just to say I hope you have a great time in Canada and hopefully we'll hear (and maybe see) all about it when you return.

(Now I've got to PM Brian again as I've just wished him a great time in Canada!!! :brains:,oh dear IF I had a brain I really would be dangerous!!!! lol!!!!

Best wishes,

Hello Bill

you won't know me and I don't know your past work, but by looking at your photos, the way you talk and the simple and fantastic poem at the start of this thread, I think I'm going to be keeping an eye on you, simply because you seem to be just the kind of character I really like.

Please keep it up. :clap:

Much respect - John.

Thanks

Ruth Daniel said:

Hi Baz,
Just to say I hope you have a great time in Canada and hopefully we'll hear (and maybe see) all about it when you return.

(Now I've got to PM Brian again as I've just wished him a great time in Canada!!! :brains:,oh dear IF I had a brain I really would be dangerous!!!! lol!!!!

Best wishes,

Hi Ruth.

Thanks for your good wishes. My birding might be limited; I'm visiting a relative who was disabled by a stroke . I'm sure I'll do some, so there might be something to comment on.
As for Brian and me going to Canada together, it's only a scurrilous rumour; there's nothing between us. HONEST! LOL!!

Hi Baz,

Sorry to hear about your relative.
I'm sure you'll see something spectacular though!
My husband went to Newfoundland on business in June and was absolutely thrilled with the place....the empty roads and scenery were something else and he was quite pleased with his american hire car too!! (Can't remember the name of it???but here it is!)
Have a great time,(both of you!!! 3:) )
Best wishes,

Attachments

• Hotel & hire car,NF,Canada.jpg
    Hotel & hire car,NF,Canada.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 31
rose taylor said:
Such a pretty picture Bill. I love the expression on the hare's (?) face. You are clever!

Hi Lady,

No that one was a Bunny. These are Hares, look how much longer the ears are; and a lovely set of whiskers too.

Bill.

Attachments

• DS hares 2 in field 1.jpg
    DS hares 2 in field 1.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 21
  • DS hare in form .jpg
    DS hare in form .jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 18
ahh yes I see the difference now.
I've just watched the great tits feed from the squirrel's feeder. I bought some really pretty ones and hung those on the pole in the lawn and put the old ones in a tree. Neither me or T'other Rose know what this tree is, it just appeared one spring. Anyway, it's very handy because I've had to cut the forsythia right back because it was overhanging the pond So there are these really pretty feeders for the birds and they are using the old ones. The squirrel is of course scaling the pole and getting the new feeders down. I give up!!!
Happy days
Rose

rose taylor said:
The squirrel is of course scaling the pole and getting the new feeders down. I give up!!! Rose

Rose, can you wire them on to the pole or find some subtantial hooks you can close up. I have stopped them pulling feeders off my line by hanging them all on the clips like you get on a dog collar. Even the squirrels haven't chewed those :h?:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back