View Single Post
Old Thursday 21st December 2017, 05:00   #16
[email protected]
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis Powell View Post
8x20 can work well and not be too fiddly if you wear glasses (so eyecup size becomes irrelevant) and the hinges have positive stops (like those on the Leica Ultravid) so that one side can be unfolded all the way and the other side used to adjust IPD. I love the Leica 8x20 Ultravid BL for its excellent optics, handling, and construction. The Zeiss 8x25 Terra is much larger and the first two units I've tried have been unacceptable (loose hinges and optical flaws). When I receive the next warranty replacement from Zeiss (currently pending), I'll let you know if it is good.

--AP
"The Zeiss 8x25 Terra is much larger and the first two units I've tried have been unacceptable (loose hinges and optical flaws). When I receive the next warranty replacement from Zeiss (currently pending), I'll let you know if it is good."

What is it with Zeiss QA lately? I keep hearing about these QA issues with their binoculars even the new Victory 8x25's. The older Zeiss were high quality almost all the time. Do they need some management changes or what? New QA Director?

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=354369

Last edited by [email protected] : Thursday 21st December 2017 at 05:12.