• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swaro 20-60x eyepiece zoom 'stuck' (1 Viewer)

natrevolla

Hi all,

We have a Swarovski ATS scope with 20-60 eyepiece. It's about 13 years old hence out of warranty. The eyepiece zoom mechanism has become stuck. It rotates a couple of degrees around 35x but seems to hit a hard stop each side of that point. I've contacted Swarovski about repair, and they say it will be away for 5 weeks, and they don't give a quotation for repair until it reaches Austria. I wonder if it is a bit over the top to send it away for something that might perhaps be a straightforward fix for a local repairer. What does the panel think?

Thanks
Rob

Hi,

first of all, welcome to birdforum!

Since it is Swaro, I would strongly suggest to use their service - stuff sent to Absam for a quotation tends to come back repaired for free with them...

It would be interesting to know if somebody has paid for a repair with them, and if yes, what was repaired and how much was the bill...

Joachim

Seconded,

A bit like taking a Ferrari to a local garage for diagnostic. If you've had 13 years good use why not treat the eyepiece to an overhaul regardless? At least you'll know it's been dealt with by trained personnel and thoroughly examined before return. Again, this company is renowned for excellent after sales customer service.

Based on my experience with Swarovski service here in the USA and what I've read on BF I would send it to Swaro. Would be surprised if you paid more than the shipping to them and the five weeks is probably a conservative estimate.

I actually have a little resentment for Swaro's excellent service, since it puts the brakes on my desires to buy the latest offerings from the other Big 4-5 manufacturer's

Received eyepiece back from Swarovski today, fully-repaired, less than 3 weeks after I sent it in. FOC. What a remarkable and wonderful service! Thanks for great advice received here.
Rob

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back