• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great or Lesser Spotted Woodpecker? Lunt UK (today) (1 Viewer)

Hi all

As I arrived at the reserve I heard this high-pitched call which I was unfamiliar with so looked up and saw this bird.

At the time it looked like a small bird - about Starling-sized - so I quickly got my camera out of my backpack and reeled off a few photos before it flew away.

Anyhoo, after inspecting the photos when I got home I noticed that it was a Woodpecker and as the Great is the most common around here I thought it's got to be that, but I just thought I'd get confirmation from you guys.

Sorry for the photos ;)

thanks

Attachments

• woody.jpg
    woody.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 219
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back