• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron microscope (1 Viewer)

tomreid24

Whilst looking through W/house exp. site, i saw a mini microscope set up reduced by fifty quid to £19.99.Anyone know of this set up? I'm no amatuer scientist, but thought that it may be a handy little gizmo for having a close look at any discarded or dead bits and pieces found whilst out and about.
Tom.

It is good value, but somebody keeps putting the monocular and microscope adapter (without the long telescope section) on eBay at a starting price of £8. I bought one for £11, and if you take the microscope adapter out of its plastic sleeve, you can screw it into the little monocular to make a 30X magnifier - very handy

Bought it.Consists of x8;15&25 mag monocular/mini scopes and x30;45 &75 microscopes.I've been playing with it as a microscope and it's actually quite impressive for the price.That is £20 not the rrp it was on sale at.It works well enough outside with daylight the source of illumination,i'll keep it in the rucsac on some outings for anything that merits a closer examination.By the way ,i won't ever put any money back in my mouth by way of a convenient holding place for a few seconds after what i saw on some paper notes with the gizmo.

LOL Thomas.....I work in a deli and have done my food health & hygiene certificate and I KNOW what lurks on paper money!!!!! :eek!: ...makes me cringe when customers in our shop pop notes into their mouth whilst they fiddle around for change....blurgh!!! If they only knew!!!!! Tis scary.....a little bit of contact with bacteria is essential for our immune systems but money in one's mouth...no thanks!!! :eek!:

GILL XXX

I agree that we need exposure to things to let our bodies build immunity,but i do come to remember reading somewhere that our money is probably the harbourer of our worst nightmares re:germs.

Oysterdoctor

While money is certainly not sanitary, with a microflora offering a pale reflection of the organisms on the hands of the previous users, it is rarely as vile with germs as the apron of a chef, or towel or sponge in a kitchen. Happy dining.

Gill Osborne said:
I work in a deli and have done my food health & hygiene certificate and I KNOW what lurks on paper money!!!!! :eek!:

Gill, I work for a bank and in my younger days used to be on the counter. The state of some of the notes that were paid in used to put you off even picking them up! Needless to say these were taken out of circulation straightway - the Bank of England has them back and burns them!

AndyC

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back