• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK binocular deals, special offers and bargains (2 Viewers)

WEX Cyber Monday 10% discount all optics

Today only use code OPTICS-CM which came via email and apply at check out.
Some other codes too eg 30% off hoya filters HOYA-CM.

John Lewis.

Ceramic gold coloured binoculars half original price of £15. Now £7.50. Look nice?

Binocular T shirts £2

Ace Optics 7.5% off.

Last edited:
I wonder if the ceramic binoculars are waterproof and could be used to keep the Johnnie Walker.
From the photos it looks as if they might be.
I don't know how big they are.

Maybe I'll buy 100 telescopes at 10p each and have them delivered to the charity shop.
I wonder if they give a quantity discount?
The charity shop could probably get a fiver for each one.

Plastic objectives or glass?

Castle Cameras, has a sale on a variety of binoculars until 2nd January. I noticed that the 8x32 Opticron Verano was listed at £299 (£100 off), but Opticron is offering £50 cashback until March 2016 on the Verano range. That brings the overall price down to £249 with the refund, so I bought one. The 8x42 is the same price too.

I wanted to check my compatibility with Leica bins because of their apparently short specified eye relief. i contacted Bakers in Lewes, Sussex. They have one bin on sale before no longer being a Leica dealer. They said it was an ultravid 10x42 and, if I recall correctly, it was about £800.

Please call them first to check I have the right information. 01273 476479

Leica Trinovid £599.99

Uttings have the Leica 8x42 central dioptre large focus wheel binocular at £599.99.

Good price, the new Trinovid is listed at £769.

Several retailers, including Cley Spy, have had the Kowa Genesis 8x33 on sale at just under £500 for several months (and some have sold out). Now Clifton Cameras is selling the Kowa Genesis 10x33 for £549. Other retailers are charging between £800-£900.

Cheaper than the Zeiss Conquest 10x32s they are well worth the money I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back