• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Nebraska, USA (1 Viewer)

jeb532

Hi all,

Just discovered this group. I've been wanting to find a group with an active chatroom, as I am not very good at taking time to read posted messages, but do enjoy talking with others who enjoy the birds as I do. I hope to meet some of you soon in chat!

I am 44 years old, married with 2 kids. Enjoying birds for many years, but only got serious about 10 years ago. I am always happy to meet people who can help me find good birding spots in places I am not familiar with, while traveling. And of course happy to do likewise for anyone coming to Nebraska. Some of the worlds best birding is right here during the months of February and March!

Good birding to you all!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to BirdForum from "down the road a piece" in Saint Joseph, Missouri. I have been up to Kearney a few times to see the Sandhill Cranes. I have a cousin living in Lincoln, but have not seen him for a couple of years. I do not get to the chat room very often as I am kept pretty busy doing "moderator stuff" on the various fora, threads and posts.

Go ahead and post when you can as time and interest allow!

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the welcome. Nice to meet a 'neighbor'! I will be going right by you on my way to Kansas City this weekend. Wondering how much more spring-like it will be just that little bit farther south.

I will post when I can.... thanks again

Jeff

Hi, Jeff! Another warm welcome to you from all of us on staff here at BirdForum!

Nice having you in chat today, but as you saw, birds usually take a back seat to just general mayhem. ;) I do hope you enjoy the forums on the site because there's a lot of great info contained in them. Look forward to your posts! :t:

jeb532 said:
Hi all,

Just discovered this group. I've been wanting to find a group with an active chatroom, as I am not very good at taking time to read posted messages,
Jeff
Hello Jeff and welcome to Birdforum.net

It would be a shame if you missed out on the excellent threads we have on BF. Most of the activity takes place on the forums, with posts being posted every few minutes or so. As you may have noticed, birds are not a priority when talking in the chat room.

Regards

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back