• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recent piece (1 Viewer)

IanDR

Ian Rendall
image.jpg
Harbour turnstones ll, watercolour 52x49cm. Should I do something with the space on top left, or leave it blank?

That's a gorgeous picture Ian. And a wonderful first post too.

Personally, I'd leave the space blank, it allows your eye to remain on the subject. However, I'd be interested to see what other people have to say.

Out of interest, what would you put there?

A warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators - I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

That's a gorgeous picture Ian. And a wonderful first post too.

Personally, I'd leave the space blank, it allows your eye to remain on the subject. However, I'd be interested to see what other people have to say.

Out of interest, what would you put there?

A warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators - I hope you enjoy your time here with us.
Many thanks Delia,
Was thinking of a light, tonal hint of something to fill the space - nothing too heavy. Exactly what, I'm unsure of at present!

Lovely picture Ian!
I can see a tonal hint of something filling that space - But it would depend on what. I think it looks really nice as it is.

A related question - could you tell us how did you digitized the painting? Did you use a scanner or a camera?

Best,
Pavan

Lovely picture Ian!
I can see a tonal hint of something filling that space - But it would depend on what. I think it looks really nice as it is.

A related question - could you tell us how did you digitized the painting? Did you use a scanner or a camera?

Best,
Pavan

Thanks for your reply pavan.

Photo is purely one taken with an iPad camera!

Kind regards, Ian

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back