• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Year of product? (1 Viewer)

christineredgate

Winner of the Copeland Wildlife Photographer of th
I believe it is possible to tell the year a lens was produced by the no on the lens.There was a thread giving this info quite a while back.I have a 300F4 lens which I am selling and a member has asked me how old is this lens.The no on the lens is 101966,is anyone able to determine the exact age of the lens.
Many thanks

christineredgate said:
I believe it is possible to tell the year a lens was produced by the no on the lens.There was a thread giving this info quite a while back.I have a 300F4 lens which I am selling and a member has asked me how old is this lens.The no on the lens is 101966,is anyone able to determine the exact age of the lens.
Many thanks

yup here ya go...
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Canon-Lenses/Canon-Lens-Aging.aspx

are you sure that is the number? the number is on the lens mount should be someting like UR0902

christineredgate said:
Yep,I have found it,UL 0401.So does this make it 1997?.
correct! April of 1997. I would suggest to ease his mind to provide pics of the lens (recent ones) from it's glass to any knicks or wear marks as well as some example pics you have taken...but i'm sure you know that :)

Are you getting another lens?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back