• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden Busy Today! (1 Viewer)

brianfm

Botanical Birder
Hi all

Sitting listening to the match (Magpies thrashing Bolton 2-0 at half time :bounce: ) ansd also watching the garden. Snow still lying in patches from yesterday and very cold again. The House Sparrows down in numbers, with Blackbirds, Wood Pigeons and Collared Doves. The Robins about, as are the Dunnocks and the odd Tit. Nicest sight of all was to see the Song Thrush out manoeuvering the Blackbirds and managing to wallop of all the shredded cheese before Mr Blacky got his eye on it. Not often Song Thrush comes out on tops! I must say the Thrush looked splendid today.

Away to listen to second half.

Cheers

latly ive seen the most activity in my garden over the entire winter, ive even got grey wagtails visiting for the first time now.
this morning 2 blackbirds where fighting in the snow outside the living room window, spring must surly be on its way.

Busy here too, although the coal tits have been nowhere to be seen for the past couple of days (not while I've been watching anyway). Been very very cold,with just a smattering of snow. The song thrush is getting very bold. I used to just catch a glimpse of him moving under the Elders but now hes coming right out into the open, bold as brass, under the blackbirds noses.
I think I've even got two new visitors, spotted a little wren fluttering under the trees, and I was watching the feeders yesterday and didnt pay much attention to oneparticular bird, saw a flash of red and assumed it was one of the goldies, saw it again today but realised it wasnt the bright red 'face' of the goldie, more on the top of the head, and no yellow wing bars, was kind of 'plain' looking compared to the goldie, so I looked through the rspbs a-z of birds (took me some time..lol) and the one looking most like my new find is the redpoll...I do hope I've got another one to add to my flock :D he may just be passing by but thats two days in a row...shall keep the camera close at hand to post for confirmation.
Hope your team won Brian! :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back