• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Crete in Spring (1 Viewer)

cwpbirder

United Kingdom
Dear all, thinking of going to Crete in April, probably south coast - I'd be grateful for any info re up to date site info, particularly regarding Ruppell's Warbler. I've found the Facebook group, but otherwise there don't seem to be many recent trip reports online?

And the book "Birdwatching in Crete" by Coghlan seems to be completely unavailable!

Are there any resident birders on Crete that do any private guiding??

thanks for any info, appreciated ..........

Dear all, thinking of going to Crete in April, probably south coast - I'd be grateful for any info re up to date site info, particularly regarding Ruppell's Warbler. I've found the Facebook group, but otherwise there don't seem to be many recent trip reports online?

And the book "Birdwatching in Crete" by Coghlan seems to be completely unavailable!

Are there any resident birders on Crete that do any private guiding??

thanks for any info, appreciated ..........

If it's not a family holiday go to Lesbos instead. Lots of birds(incuding Ruppel's) and trip reports.

Unless your heart is set on Crete you should consider Cyprus if you really want Ruppell’s Warbler. I was in the Pathos area this year in the last week of March and there was loads of them along with plenty of other great birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back