• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Are you going to the Birdfair this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Chris Monk

I see there will be a Bird Forum stand at this year's Birdfair. Perhaps members of the Forum will be able to meet up and put faces to names?

Cheers,
Chris B :)

I wish I could go I would love it but its to far away Ill look forawrd hearing your posts about by the way the King Of Birders Bill Oddie will be there as he usually is enjoy the fair

I'll be there on Saturday. I've never been before, but Bird Forum being there has given me the extra incentive to make the journey.

I'll be there on Saturday as well, first time for me too, there are lots of stands i would like to see, but the BF stand is were i shall be and promoting this wonderful site, the potential for new members and promoting Bird Forum is mind blowing.

Hi Chris (from the "other" site?)

No, I wont be going, have the parents to stay for a week a day or so after it, so will be kept busy at home .......

Regards
Helen

Bird fair

Yes definitely going on friday especially to get info on digiscoping from the Nikon stand and taking my coolpix 4500 to try out their gear. I bet as usual it will be an expensive day out for me. Also hope to see Ivan Whitmore on the RSPB wills and trust stand. he will be upset to see that I am still alive so that the RSPB cannot get anything from my estate just yet!!:cool: :eat: B :)

Hi all,
No,won't be there,what with it being in another country and all(didn't stop me with the Black Lark,though!);-)
Had forgotten that it was on,and now something makes sense:Killian mentioned in an e-mail that he was going to the UK for a week.Obviously,he goes to the Bird Fair every year(not sure if it's in his capacity as a tour guide for Sunbird or to promote Swarovski?).
Hope that anyone who goes has a great time!
Harry H

Michael,
The stint for me at the Bird Fair is called "hour long" (Calidris hexalongus) or it may be the sub-species, "two hours long" (Calidris hexalongus bilongus)

Be there sometime. No doubt will spend most of my time looking at optics, and seeing whats new.

All the best to the bird forum stand, I am sure that you will get many more new members. Do you have a target?

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back