• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Maximus the Gannet sets a new record. (1 Viewer)

That is an interesting item, Ann, thanks. One lucky Gannet is Maximus! I did not realise they have a lifespan of 37 years! Amazing!

Fingers crossed that all goes well with Maximus!

Thanks for that Ann. Well done the Seabird Centre staff, and good luck to Maximus. I was in the Centre about 6 weeks ago, and what a smashing place it is. They obviously have some dedicated staff, and more power to their elbow.

Baz.

Aww! what a cracker Ann, you must must must go and see! Awwww!
Well done & good luck to the Scottish SeaBird Centre :t:

What an interesting story, Ann - thanks for sharing it with us. What lovely birds they are, and I am sure Maximus will thrive. Good luck to them all.

I love to hear heart warming stories such as the one you have brought us here. Thank you for sharing with us. :t:

Maximus looks like a little punk rocker with his feathers on his neck

I wish him all the best and he lives out his 37 years of his life. :-O

Just a wee update on Maximus. He's to be flown by the RAF of private plane to Gibralter!!. My son has just started a job as a trainee Captain on board a tug in Gibralter so he could have taken him.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7797382.stm

Hi Ann

Awww....What a happy outcome and it makes me smile to know that little 'Max' has had a bit of support, and a good start in life.

Hope that all he does is settle down, and do what comes naturally to him now.

Great to know that your son has some involvement too!
Ann. :-O

Hi Anne,

Thanks for the link, very interesting. Well done everyone involved.

Gannets are in my top 5 favourite birds; great to see, especially feeding.

Bill

Hi Anne,

Thanks for the link, very interesting. Well done everyone involved.

Gannets are in my top 5 favourite birds; great to see, especially feeding.

Bill

I remember having the opportunity to see Gannets on the Bass Rock years ago. :-O
The conservation group i was with where treated to a trip out to the Bass rock, and we walked amongst the Gannets as they sat in their groups. They are very big birds, and very handsome too.
The smell of fish was overpowering, and very hard to forget. :eek!:

They appeared to be fearless of human beings. It was an experience never to forget. o:)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back