• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

April 2013 Weather (1 Viewer)

Gill Osborne

Not a bad day today: started off grey but mild (ie not minus temperatures ;) ) then the sun came out and it's been a mix of both, cloud and sun, since then. 4c.

Couldn't nod off last night and was still awake at 2.30am. Woke up at 6.30 so got up to feed cats then went back to bed....only to realise I was awake so may as well stay up! Had a quick showert & breakfast and went out birding at 7.30am....just a short trip planned. Eventually got home at 10.50am as it was such a nice day I just kept on walking :-O Had my first Siskin, Dipper & Grey Wagtail of the year but what really surprised me was the fact that I saw 6 Treecreeper in the space of a mile!!! And Long-tailed Tits too - they all seemed to be paired up and very common :t:

Feel shattered now so I think I won't have any problems getting to sleep tonight! ;)

Sunny on Sunday & quite warm too, but yesterday & today there is a very evil windy & it feels extremely cold out.

Beautiful. Sunny. Just below freezing and had a little snowfall this morning. The muddy mess seems to be drying out in the backyard. Yippee! Clean dogs = clean floors= clean bedding. :)

Yesterday was another sunny mild day :t: Got a load of washing dried on the lines too. Heavy rain shower at 7.15pm.

Grey and overcast this morning with a bit of a chilly wind.

That raw wind has been around for what seems like ever! Today's been quite sunny after an initial greyness, and it actually felt warm in the sun and out of the wind.

Sunny & warm in the sun at Tavistock too, Wendy, but on arrival there at 6.30 a.m. it was -2 according to Daughters car thermometer. It warmed up later.

That raw wind has been around for what seems like ever!

Hasn't it just! :smoke: I can't remember a spring BEING so late as it is this year.

Still an icy feel to the air/wind up here too. Past two days, including today, have had the occasional sunny spell but still pretty overcast and cold too. Today is just 5c.

On the plus side tho'.....the wheatears and chiffchaffs are back along the coast and avocets back at Cresswell Pond (three weeks later than last year!).

Dull, cloudy & misty.
The wind has dropped a tad.
Our Magnolia that usually starts blooming in February isn't out yet. Latest I've ever know it.

Yesterday and today.....grey :smoke: Still got an easterly wind (tho' not strong today - barely a breeze) and STILL 5c :-C Jet stream is looking good for this weekend though so fingers crossed it brings a few migrants up to Northumberland.

We had a sunny day here in Northumberland!!!!! o:) Pretty warm too at 7c :t: It's clouded over now with a bit of light drizzle forecast but ok for tomorrow when I hope to get along to Boulmer to have a few hours' birding in the morning.

Rain most of today, but it didn't matter as we were selling indoors. Only problem, the roof was leaking & dripping on our tables, we coped though.

Another sunny day and a mind-boggling 15c :eek!: We've had a few brief heavy rain showers, especially this morning, and it's been a strong 29mph SSW wind. Feels warm tho' and I've had all the windows open today :t:

Long may it continue o:)

Really is gorgeous out there! Has been dry here all day and pretty clear skies, though there's some high cloud.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back