View Single Post
Old Wednesday 6th June 2012, 07:00   #36
JennyMK

Thank you Tony!

Well, some of my latest sketches. I bought a new sketch book, but it turned out to be the wrong paper for what I first wanted to use the book for... sketches of birds from my own photos: in pencil on paper, you know simple lines. To practice proportions and characters of the birds. But that was not to be. The paper is too rough. But it takes oil crayons beautifully, so my 'simple line' sketches all became oil crayon sketches instead. These will probably all end up in my inspirational journal with backgrounds like the ones I posted previously. Not what I intended to do from the start, but oh well. Sometimes it just ends up differently during the journey... and that is what's beautiful about art!

The Red-crested cardinal: I saw this one for the first and only time on Maui/Hawaii. My mother and I were out walking with my niece, and while she slept in the shadows at the beach this little fella came and sat beside us on the rocks.
Red-whiskered bulbul: This one I saw in the botanical garden in Xianmen/China. Also the only time I saw this bird. He was sitting still for a few minutes, so I had time to get my camera out and get these two shots of him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1904.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	388952  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1908.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	388953  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1905.JPG
Views:	48