• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What price for used Televid? (1 Viewer)

Back to this thread - IU see a used Apo Televid (the 62mm with zoom) on eBay for £800! You can buy them new for not much more. eBay's prices are crazy these days for some items.

Steve its called a lens pen.Iam not sure its the same pen for cleaning the L.C.D. screen. It is a while since i've brought one.Also seen the Leica on Ebay,yes its over priced,notice he's has no bids.

I hate cleaning the objective lenses , I don't know about you. It's nigh on impossible to get them 110% perfectly clean - and I hate even a tiny smear when I'm in my lens-cleaning mood!

Leif said:
Steve: Yes that was exactly my feeling. Who in their right mind spends that sort of money and then loses the proof of purchase. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with doubts. I really think I would rather spend a few hundred more than risk a stolen item, or alternatively one that is perhaps 5 or more years old.

get a note of the serisal number of the televid and also ask to see the leica passport (I think they do it with televids as well as binos). If the passport tallies with the seller and the serial number it should be ok - if either are dodgy then walk. unfortunately the leica warranty/passport does not transfer to second owners....

Taylor Hobson - know them well, been a while since I looked round the facory in Leicester - was still under Rank then... yes they really knew their optics!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back