• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lappet faced Vulture (1 Viewer)

carlos58

hello everyone
I' ve spent a week in South Egypt. from september 17th to 24th, with some friends
The total checklist of bird species contacted during the tour is 137, and I' ve taken pictures of more than 67 species.
Here you can find some shots of rare for paleartctic Lappet faced Vulture very great hotspot for this bird is El Shalatin at the border between Egypt and Sudan

and if you want to see the full photoreport with the shots of 50 species + landscape please go to:
http://www.pbase.com/carlogalliani/sud_egitto

Lappet faced Vulture

Attachments

• DSC_8320apbase.jpg
    DSC_8320apbase.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC_8312pbase.jpg
    DSC_8312pbase.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_8342pbase.jpg
    DSC_8342pbase.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 53
Nice photo's! Must remember Egyptian vultures are probably the smallest of the African vultures and the Lappett is one of the biggest, but great comparision photo.

thank you very much
here another shots with also Brown-necked Raven

Attachments

• Avvoltoio orecchiuto04.jpg
    Avvoltoio orecchiuto04.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 52
Another nice comparison, you can see why the smaller vultures have to wait for the larger birds to break into the carcass. This is waht I love about vultures, how they all fill a little niche in order to get there share of a carcass.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back