• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2016 (2 Viewers)

Well done Brenda and H2, it's never too late! I'm still hoping for something new to add before the 31st, a Redwing maybe......

Me too - no sign of last year 's Bramblings & no Pink Feet for the second year.
A few species missing - but a few extra too.
Herds of Wood Pigeons and flocks of Redwings - one in the garden just now.

Looking forward to starting again in 12 days!!

Merry Christmas from a very snowy Quebec.

Still holding out for surprise visitors at the feeders, fleeting visits from American Tree Sparrow and Northern Shrike this week, both only seen once before in the garden, way back in Feb/March.

Merry Christmas all ..lazing on my bed at present -stream of Black-browed Albatross riding the waves just yonder, wonderful Christmas Eve

And Bonnes Fêtes to you all from France!
Final total for the 2016 Garden List for me is 82 species, well down from last year's record 99, but not surprising as since we moved in the summer I've only been popping over occasionally for post and maintenance so the Merlin and Marsh Harrier in September were the last additions. Best bird this year was the Short-eared Owl (a description species here) and we leave after 10 years having achieved a Garden Life List of 119, quite respectable for a location so far from the sea n'est-ce pas? B :)

Merry Christmas (or is it late now) and Happy New year to all, from dark and snowless Finland.
I haven't seen new birds on my garden since early November, but yeasterday there was under the feeder my first December-Robin. |:D|

Considering how close we are to the sea surprising I haven't seen one before - a skein? of thirty Cormorants for no. 48!

Just when you think it's all over.....

A small flock of at least three (which landed)

80: Brambling

across the valley in bright sunshine, showing off their white rumps and bellies!

And a flock of c.30 Brambling this morning had me chasing around trying to see them up close - to no avail.
Then I got back just too late to get a decent view of a skein of geese disappearing over the horizon and so couldn't id them!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back