• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Egg smuggler jailed. (1 Viewer)

I recognise that name.... He's been up for this sort of thing before hasn't he?[/QUOTE

Doubt it Andy,

The guy has been caught at least four times previously, always claiming various reasons from only " collecting dead eggs" to rescuing vulnerable raptors from tree felling. 3rd time with eggs wrapped around his body or down his socks to keep them warm. Hence the severity? of the sentence.

How is three years a severe sentence? this guy have been illegally collecting eggs since the late 1970s and been caught several times in the past 30+ years. It makes you wonder how many times he have done it succesfully? most of his smuggled eggs is destined for wealthy people in the middle east and it have no doubt made him a rich man.

How is three years a severe sentence? this guy have been illegally collecting eggs since the late 1970s and been caught several times in the past 30+ years. It makes you wonder how many times he have done it succesfully? most of his smuggled eggs is destined for wealthy people in the middle east and it have no doubt made him a rich man.

Well said - I agree!

There is a question mark I put after severity. I cannot put into print the sentence I would hand out but I have no doubt you'd all agree.

I've read that he skipped bail while waiting to be sentenced in Brazil after being found guilty. If the warrant is still valid, that gives Brazil three years to get the extradition** paperwork correctly completed and submitted...
MJB

** Statutory Instrument No. 1176: EXTRADITION The Brazil (Extradition) Order 1997 (http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1997/1176/made/data.pdf)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back