• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wrens stay in a nest? (1 Viewer)

lmans66

Out Birding....
Supporter
United States
How long would chicks stay in the nest prior to being able to fly and leave? I was just looking at ours yesterday and with four of them in the birdhouse they all seemed jockeying for food, but this morning, they are gone and no sign of them. Will have to see if they are in the trees come evening. But any ideas on how long they should be in the nest for? jim

Hi Jim

You don't say which particular wren you're interested in... so I looked up Carolina Wren as it's pretty widespread. They appear to fledge around 13-14 days from hatching.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jim

You don't say which particular wren you're interested in... so I looked up Carolina Wren as it's pretty widespread. They appear to fledge around 13-14 days from hatching.

Hope this helps.

Sorry...my fault...house wren were these..... But I imagine it would be near the same of 13-14 days and that might make sense for I have seen the adults come and go earlier with fecal sacs etc....and we are approaching two weeks..... jim

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back